Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quick update.

Hey guys.  Quick update because we had a really hard and busy day.  Tripp is already sleeping so I need to go to bed.  We went to the ENT today and she looked down his trach and said that the blisters were all around the outside of his trach in his throat.  THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKS.  There's really no other way to put it.  Sooooo, she put the longer trach in and it bypasses the blisters but he is still sucking up the side of his throat when he breathes.  So we will have to wait and see if the longer one makes new blisters and if the old blisters heal by that time....  Don't ask me what we do if they don't heal or get worse because I have NO clue.  He's still on a pretty good dose of steroids everyday and the ENT started him on a high dose of Pulmicort, which I give him with the nebulizer (the breathing treatments).  So we will see if that helps with any swelling he might have.  ?????? Anyway, we came home and I was pretty upset because he wasn't breathing good and he was miserable.... but as the night went on, he started feeling a little better.  So please say some prayers that things stay okay.  It is so hard to describe how it feels to see him struggling to breathe and in so much pain.  We skipped bath today so we didn't get him anymore worked up than he already was!  OK, going to bed.  Will update again as soon as I get a chance.  Thank you so much for all of the support.  It is VERY MUCH needed.

Pics from Sunday's bath:






16 comments:

  1. precious boy. Father bring healing to his throat in the name of Jesus. We plead the blood of the LAMB on this sweet little creation...Savior, we need you to come touch him now. amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am standing in agreement with Sailor and Co for Tripp's healing, In JESUS' Name.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your baby are so amazing I found this blog on accident, but am so happy that i did, for your child is an inspiration to us all, and you as his parents are too. I will pray for your family that all get better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for healing for Tripp. He is so adorable. Nice and chubby! I'm glad that the g-tube is working well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sending you prayers!!! you are so right - THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mama I am so sorry. Sending prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending all my love and lots of prayers your way. You're doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart just aches seeing his sweet body like that and hearing of his struggles. I am praying like crazy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the awesome work that you do Court. Honestly, you are one amazing human and so is that sweet little Tripp. Tell him, i'll see him soon. And as always, i'm praying like crazy! I love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Courtney:
    I couldn't agree more, it SUCKS. Still praying for you and your precious son. Hang in there, you are doing a wonderful job. Give Tripp a kiss for me. Love you guys. Love Leah's Nana

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I am praying for you and here if you need me.
    Hugs to Tripp!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying hard for Tripp. Extra prayers being sent up tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney, I've been following your blog for quite sometime now, and I want to say that I really admire you, everything you do for Tripp...your beautiful baby boy! I read so much about him, that I feel that I've known him for quite some time. I pray that he feels better, that he's painless and more than anything that we find a cure for EB, I hate when you mention that he's in pain, it makes me ache as well. Stay strong and if there is anything you need, please just email me. Lots of kisses and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Courtney, I agree 100% with you EB SUCKS. I hate to hear about the blisters around his trach. but I will be praying that GOD will heal them & that the longer trach doesn't cause any. I will be praying that he feels better soon as well as the pain to leave him. Courtney you are doing a great job taking such great care of him. My love, thoughts & prayers are with YA'LL. GOD BLESS. GIVE TRIPP A HUG & KISS FOR ME & TELL HIM I LOVE HIM SO VERY MUCH ! BELINDA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Tripp...its your fellow Saints fan friend...How about our boys!! SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it! I just know you have been a good luck charm for them; you fight so hard and so do they. I'm so excited for you...pssst, tell your mom you need a Saints NFC champs outfit!! :) Or better yet, wait two weeks and get that SUPER BOWL champs attire!! GEAUX SAINTS!! And GEAUX TRIPP!!

    ReplyDelete