Sunday, March 14, 2010

10 Months and Counting...

Today my baby boy makes 10 months!!!  Wow.  I don't even know what to say.  It's certainly been the longest 10 months of my life... I can't say for a second that's it's flown by because I feel like he should be 10 years old!  But my God, I would not trade one single day second that I've had with him.  I am so in love with this little fat potato that I can't even stand it.

Right now Tripp is banging and playing with and grabbing anything and everything in sight.  His smile is the highlight of my day.  He is starting to be able to stand when you hold him up (I mean, put pressure on his legs.)  He is by far, the nosiest child that I have ever met... he knows every move I make and knows exactly what is going on every second.  He adores his Daddy and almost breaks his neck to see when his Daddy walks into the room. When you tell him something, he knows exactly what you are saying.  He is SO much fun.  I love him.  I love him.  I love him.

But most importantly, Tripp has taught me more in the past 10 months than I've learned my entire life.  He has taught me valuable lessons that I will carry with me forever.  I am a better person because of him.  As small as he is and as much as he is hurting, you can tell that he values every day.  You can see in his eyes that he enjoys life... even with everything that he has going on, he wants to play... he wants his Mommy and Daddy to talk to him and pay attention to him every second of the day.  He is fighting.  He is fighting this battle with a smile on his face.  I admire him... he inspires me every day to be the best Mommy that I can be.  I will always be a better person because he is my son.  God gave him to Randy and I.  How lucky are we?  I really do feel so blessed and so lucky to be Tripp's Mommy.  And it is a wear and tear on my body to be positive when I see my baby hurting so bad... but God has a plan.  He has a plan for Tripp, Randy and I.  I don't know what it is... but I feel lucky that I'm a part of God's special plan.  Me?  He picked ME to raise and care for one of his angels... wow.  That's a good feeling.

I love you, Tripp.  And there is no way that I could ever express to you in words how MUCH.  Keep on fighting, little Man.  Every day you are here with us is a gift from God.  I promise you I will fight right here next to you.  You are the MAN.  You are an angel.  You are an inspiration.  I love you, baby boy. Love, your Mommy

Tripp's homemade Handy Manny Brownie cake, compliments of Mommy.
He likes when I call him Manny :)


Mommy kisses...


We stayed at my Mom's this weekend (I thoroughly enjoyed it)... I didn't plan it, but I went to see my grandpa (my Mom's dad) and he is not doing well at all.  Please say a little prayer for him that he can have peace.  My PawPaw is my heart and he and I have always been so close.  He has lived such a great life and I know he is ready to go dance with Jesus.  He has surely lived his life for God and we have all learned so much from him.  It was so great to get to see my family and spend some time with them.  My poor hubby had to work all weekend.  He's plum exhausted and about wear himself out... it wouldn't hurt to throw a little prayer in for him, too.  He's such a good Daddy to our little Man.  I know I'm asking for a lot of prayers... sorry:)  But thanks a million!

Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day (tomorrow) Ooops!  Wednesday... I'm a little sleep deprived, sorry!!!  I took these about 2 weeks ago and wanted to post them for St. Patty Day...













God Bless,

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute cake! I will definitely keep each of you in prayer. Happy 10mos. Tripp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10 months Tripp! What cute pictures. What a sweet post. I love the cake! You all definately have my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made such a cute cake..and you made an even more adorable baby boy! Happy 10 months Tripp...you dont know us but we have been praying for you a long long time. We hope you have a great week! Keep on smiling little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tripp: Sure hope you had a wonderful day. Wow 10 months old already!! Your eyes look so much better and hopefully your great smile will return soon. Tell your Mommy to keep up the good work. Love and lots of prayers are coming your way. Love you even though we have never met. You are my hero too. Love Leah's Nana XOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you see that ray of sunshine shining down on your angel? I see it!! Your posts inspire me! You are fantastic and deserve all the blessings God has in store for you! Happy St. Patty's Day and Happy 10 months Tripp!!! (I LOVE the cake, well done Mommy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tripp is such a cutie pie and so inspiring to so many people. Happy 10 months lil man. Praying for Tripp, for his amazing Mommy (YOU!), for your PawPaw and for Randy too.
    ((HUGS))
    Heather in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 10 months "Manny" :) Love the cake, but even more I love the cakes of your cute little dude. You are Randy are such wonderful parents, the love you have for Tripp is so apparent in everything you write. Thank you for sharing your story with the world, I know it's made me a better mother/person. What a powerful little boy Tripp is!

    P.S. Sending prayers for your PawPaw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little dumplin. I just adore your boy and agree, you are incredibly blessed to have him in your life!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete